If you are an avid gamer like me who also enjoys watching online tournaments you definitely know about twitch.tv . twitch has become the de facto standard for streaming major tournaments and also used heavily for pro and weekend warrior like me. Recently I bought a TV and was trying to figure out how to watch twitch on my TV. After lots of google-fu I did not find any useful instructions on how to be able to do so. Hence this guide. Let’s get right into it.
The question is How do I watch twitch.tv on my streaming media player?
It’s quite simple, using PLEX Media Server. The streaming media players that I tested it on are Roku 3, Amazon Fire TV Stick & Chromecast.
What do you need?
- PC/Laptop/Mac aka the Server
- Roku/Fire TV/Chromecast aka the Media Player
Make sure you have both the Server and Media Player on the same network. Typically that would mean that your Server and Media Player are connected to the same wireless/wired network.
- Download & install Plex Media Server on your PC/Laptop.
- Install Plex App on your Media Player.
- On the PC/Laptop you installed the Plex Media Server open this link.
- In the left pane click on Channels.
- Click on Install Channels button.
- Find twitch channel in there and install it.
- Now, on your Media Player open the Plex App and explore to find the twitch icon.
And you are done! Enjoy watching those epic tournaments on your TV now.
- Make sure you have the devices (Server & Media Player) on the same network.
- Do not turn off the Server while using the Plex App on your Media Player.